Service failures and errors in Sylingo:
We do our best to maintain the continuity of the site without problems although errors, service interruptions or delays may occur at any time. In such cases, we expect users to be patient until the service returns to normal.
We reserve the right to control any content entered by the users without being required to do so. We reserve the right (without obligation) to delete, remove or edit any material that violates the terms and conditions of the site without reference to the user. The local, international and foreign copyright laws and international treaties protect all contents of this site. By registering, the user expressly and implicitly agrees to be bound by the copyright notices appearing on its pages.
The data we collect and how we use it:
Data you provide to us:
- Sylingo stores some of the personal data of registered members of the site, such as name, email address, language you speak and the language you want to learn when you sign up for a user account and/or send us an email and/or participate in the blog.
- No data is stored without prior approval and confirmation by registered members.
- All stored personal data is visible to each user through their settings page.
- This data is stored so that the user can benefit from the services of the site more efficiently.
The data we obtain from using our services:
We may collect some useful information about user performance and learning patterns and track information that shows records such as the pages you visit on our site, dates of visit, the order in which they were visited, and any hyperlinks and other UI tools you use. We may register the IP address, operating system and browser used by each user, and we may be able - based on the IP address - to determine the user's Internet service provider and the geographical location of their connection.
We use the data we collect to provide, maintain, protect, and improve services, design new services as well as protect Sylingo and users. We also use this data to provide you with customized content. We use a variety of web analytics tools to collect this information. However, some information is collected by cookies. You must be able to control whether your browser accepts cookies and how to accept them. Most browsers provide instructions on how to reset your browser to reject cookies "Help" in the toolbar, but if you reject "cookies" from our site, many of the features and benefits offered by our site may not work properly.
- If you email us via the contact form on the Contact Us page, your name and email address will be sent as you added it to your profile.
- These data are sent to the mail service used at the Sylingo site.
- This data is used to answer your communications, queries, and suggestions.
- An archival copy of the correspondence is stored inside the site indefinitely.
Use and share data:
All data provided to us by users is treated in strict confidence and is not sold or shared with any unauthorized third party.
Data usage cases:
- Developing the services provided by the site.
- Use the name you provide in your library profile, as well as use tables and words and share them with other users if you do not change the privacy of your tables to the "Do not share" status.
- If we contract with a third party to develop our services after we have committed not to share any information that conflicts with this privacy statement, we and our education partners may use your information collected from the site, including your personal information. In the event that we share or disclose your personal information to third parties, third parties are required to deal with personal data confidentiality and to maintain adequate security to protect data from loss, misuse, unauthorized use, disclosure, modification or destruction.
- If we are legally bound by a court order to disclose any information.
- To help us and to help educational institutions improve our offerings and help us evaluate the entry and use of the site and its impact on the education community worldwide.
- Follow the commitment and progress achieved and complete the tests and analysis of the performance statistics of the student and the method used by him to learn.
- Disseminate data other than personal data about access to the site, its use, its impact, and student performance.
- Send updates about the features and developments offered by Sylingo or other events and notify you of notices of selected products, services or business partners that you may be interested in, or send emails to you regarding any matters related to the maintenance of the site and its updates.
- For the purposes of scientific research, especially for example fields of language sciences and education.
- Archive these data and/or use them to communicate with you in the future.
- Maintain and improve the functionality and security of the site, our software, our systems, and our network.
Data sharing with educational institutions or with others is as follows:
- Service providers or contractors performing certain services on our behalf or for educational institutions, including the processing of data provided to us on the site, the operation of the Site or its sections, the provision or management of the courses or other aspects of the Sylingo services or partner institutions.
- For scientific research purposes (as mentioned above); we will only share your personal data with the amount necessary to meet the purpose stated at the time of collection.
- To give you opportunities to connect with other users who may have the same interests or educational goals. For example, we may recommend specific study partners, identify prospective students or mentors, or view your tables in the library. In this case, we may use the data we collect about you to determine who may be interested in communicating with you, but we will only provide other users with your username or part of your real name.
Your data retention period:
- For users who have registered on our site, we also store the personal data they provide in their user profile. All users can view, edit, or delete their personal information at any time. Website administrators can also see and edit this information.
- If you leave a comment, your comment and metadata will be kept indefinitely. This is so that we can recognize and approve any consecutive comments automatically rather than keeping them in the review queue for approval.
Your rights to your data:
- If you have an account on the Sylingo site or have left comments, you can request a file to be exported from the personal data we hold about you, including any data provided by us. You can also request to delete any personal data we keep about you.
- Sylingo stores your personal information as long as it is necessary to properly operate the site. By canceling your membership in the Sylingo site, all your posts, your registration date, all your schedules, files, words and tests will be deleted.
- This does not include any data that we are obliged to maintain for administrative, legal or security purposes.
Send your data:
- No personal data is sent to any party without the consent of the user.
- Visitors' comments can be verified through the spam detection service automatically within the Sylingo website servers.
- All site data and information are sent, stored and processed in special servers in the Sylingo site within the EU.
Your Contact Information:
Contact information is obtained through your profile; however, no posts, advertisements or postings are sent by us if you do not wish to do so (you can unsubscribe through the settings).
- Sylingo's site has implemented commercially reasonable material, technical, administrative and regulatory procedures to help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and properly use information collected online.
- The site uses an encrypted communication mode between the user and the network sites and encodes them (SSL).
- The site updates and develops all its software and services with the latest security and electronic security technologies and always works to get the latest software updates used in its services to prevent any gaps or problems that may affect the protection of data.
- All information relating to access to the site's servers and follow-up of technical and security matters rests with the technical team of the site, and no third party is authorized to do so.
- Please note that there is no online transfer method or 100% secure electronic storage method.
Third parties from whom we receive data:
No data is received from any third party about our users.
The decision-making mechanism and/or profiling what we do with user data:
- In most cases, data is automatically processed within the Sylingo website.
- In certain cases, the technical team intervenes to process some non-personal data in order to improve performance and provide a more efficient service.
- No personal data is processed without reference to the data owner, and prior consent is obtained for any action that may be taken, except for security or judicial matters.
Disclosure requirements for regulators and supporting:
- Any organization, support or sponsor of any service provided by Sylingo will be directly disclosed.
- Sylingo does not have the right to cooperate with anyone who does not comply with EU standards and regulations with regard to the data of residents within the EU.
How to access your data:
- You can access the personally identifiable data stored in the Sylingo servers by visiting your member’s settings page after logging in with your email and password.
- A member can directly request or restore the password at any time.
Links to other websites:
Embedded content from other websites:
- Articles on this site may include content that is included (for example videos, images, articles, etc.). The embedded content from other websites behaves in exactly the same way as if the visitor has visited the other site.
Last modified 28/04/2019