Sylingo Terms of Service
This site is for learning languages in a fun and easy way. Its purpose is to help anyone who needs to learn a language or has a passion for learning a language, to make the learning process organized, easy, fun and useful. Please carefully review the terms and conditions below as they represent the terms and conditions of use of this site.
We also review below the conditions and the terms of the agreement between Sylingo.com Inc. (the company) and the buyer or user (collectively "Buyer") of services through the Company's Web site (the "Site"). If you do not agree to these terms, you will not be able to purchase or use any content on the website, so please review these terms carefully:
- By using this site, you acknowledge and agree to these terms and conditions created by the Sylingo site. By downloading the material from the site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. We have the right to change these terms by posting them through the site. You must then indicate acceptance and compliance with these terms. If you do not agree to any of these terms, please stop using the site immediately.
- If there is a conflict between these terms and conditions and between the rules and/or certain specific conditions for use posted on the site that pertains to an article itself, the latter shall be in effect.
- The use of this site is permitted for legitimate purposes in a manner that does not violate the law or any rights or restrictions on the use of this site by a third party.
- Reproduction, publishing or distribution of part or all of the contents of the Sylingo site is prohibited (except for the files on your account that have been created by you), without reference to the source and the linking of the transferred material; after obtaining the express consent of the site.
- These restrictions include, but are not limited to, harassment, defamation, the use of obscene and aggressive language against a third party, and any other conduct that may be deemed inappropriate.
- You hereby undertake that you are over 18 years old and/or have all legal approvals and procedures for the use of this site, undertake to comply with all terms and conditions and undertake that you can review and comply with these terms and conditions.
Copyright and intellectual property
- All names, images and logos belonging to the site or any associated company or any third party are trademarks owned by Sylingo and all associated companies and third parties.
- No provision of this document may, in any case, be construed as granting the right or license to any trademark or franchise to us, affiliates or any third party.
- By accessing this site, you agree to do so for your personal use only and not for commercial use.
- You may not consent to the authorization or assistance of any third party to copy, upload, transmit, store (in any other location), distribute, broadcast, publish or exploit any material or content commercially or modify it without the prior written permission of an authorized official in Sylingo.
Third-party sites and links:
- Sylingo is not responsible for the content or material posted on third-party sites or material accessed through this site. If you decide to visit any site through its link, you assume the risk and responsibility of taking all protective measures against viruses.
- Sylingo does not endorse or assume responsibility for any content, advertising, products, services or information available from third party sites.
- Sylingo is not responsible for any damage, loss or insult caused by any content related to any products, services or information available on such sites. And any terms, conditions, and obligations relating to such transactions are solely between you and the provider of such services.
- Links to this site must directly link to any page with full content (not part of the page) through this site and should appear on the pages of any other sites. Sylingo is not responsible for any legal action or other consequences (including violation of third-party rights) of the links that arise to this site.
- Links do not imply Sylingo's consent or are linked to any linked site, or are legally authorized to use a trademark, trade name, logo, or copyrighted code that can be accessed through the links, or that any site has an authoritative link to use any trademark Trade name, logo, copyrights, logos or symbols of Sylingo or any of its affiliates, entities, and affiliates.
Terms of purchase and use
The buyer agrees to the terms and conditions outlined in this Online Contract ("Contract") concerning the services, and information provided by or through the Site. This Contract constitutes the entire and only agreement between the Company and Buyer and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements, representations, warranties, and understandings concerning the services, and information provided by or through the Site, and the subject matter of this Contract. Buyer agrees to review this contract before purchasing anything and purchase of service shall be deemed acceptance of this Contract.
Setup and Payment
If using a credit card, the buyer represents and warrants that:
- The credit card information supplied is true, correct and complete.
- The charges incurred by the Buyer will be honored by the Buyer's credit card company.
- The Buyer shall pay charges incurred by Buyer at the amounts in effect at the time incurred, including all applicable taxes.
Ensure the security of personal data
Please note however that no data transmission over the Internet or website can be guaranteed to be secure from intrusion. Also, you should take appropriate measures to safeguard your data, in particular by keeping your password secure and confidential. If you know or have reason to believe that your account credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your account, please contact us on the Contact us page.
Right to refuse
Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse the service or sell any service on the site.
Buyer agrees to indemnify damages, defend and hold Company and its affiliates, licensors and suppliers harmless from any liability, loss, claim, and expense, including reasonable attorney's fees, related to a Buyer's violation of this Contract or use of the Site.
The content and services are provided "as-is," "as available," and all warranties, express or implied, are disclaimed (including but not limited to the disclaimer of any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose). The sole and entire maximum liability of the company, for any reason, and buyer's sole and exclusive remedy for any cause whatsoever shall be limited to the amount paid by the customer for the particular items purchased. Company and any of its affiliates, dealers or suppliers are not liable for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages (including damages for loss of business, loss of profits, litigation, or the like), whether based on breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Refunds are handled on a case-by-case basis. As a policy, Sylingo only provides refunds in some cases:
- There is an error in the service that makes it impossible to use the site completely.
- In the case of technical errors.
As a policy, Sylingo does not offer refunds in the following circumstances:
- Users who start a free trial, cancel, and then purchase a subscription under the impression the subscription was another free trial. A user is allowed only one free trial, and Sylingo will not offer a refund in instances where the user subsequently purchases a subscription.
Sylingo strives to achieve 100% customer satisfaction, but the above policy is in place due to the nature of the internet, where content can be easily copied or downloaded.
Subscription Cancellation by You:
If you have purchased a recurring Upgraded Membership subscription, you may end your Upgraded Membership at any time. When you choose to end your Upgraded Membership subscription, your subscription does not renew on the next auto-renewal date, if any. You may continue to enjoy your Upgraded Membership benefits until that date, after which your account will be automatically downgraded.
Cancellation by Us:
We may cancel your Upgraded Membership at any time for any reason, with or without prior notice.
Sylingo may change the price for upgraded memberships from time to time. Sylingo will communicate any price changes to you in advance and if applicable. Price changes for Upgraded Memberships will take effect at the start of the next subscription period following the date of the price change. As permitted by law, you accept the new price by continuing to maintain your Upgraded Membership after the price change takes effect. If you do not agree with the price changes, you have the right to reject the change by unsubscribing from the Upgraded Membership before the price change going into effect. Please, therefore, make sure you read any such notification of price changes carefully.
Determination of liability:
- You hereby agree that you are solely responsible for your use of this site. And that Sylingo, its employees and agents are not responsible for the warranties associated with this site, whether express or implied.
- Sylingo does not guarantee that any content posted on this site conforms to accepted social, cultural and ethical standards.
- The information and other materials available on this site may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. Sylingo makes no representations about the accuracy and correctness of all information published or distributed through this site (including, but not limited to the information available by sharing user tables and files).
- You acknowledge that you will bear the risk of any reliance on such information. Sylingo has the exclusive right to correct and delete errors in any part of the Site, and to make changes to the Site, materials, products, programs, services, and prices posted on the site at any time without notice.
- Sylingo and/or third parties shall not be liable in any way for any damage that may include, but is not limited to, direct or indirect damages or any damages including, but not limited to, errors, deletions, direct or indirect damages or any damages arising out of the use, inability to use or use of the data, whether in contract, negligence or any other reason relating to the use of this site.
- Sylingo does not guarantee the continuity of the functions available on this site, is free from errors, or free of this site or server that makes it available.
- Sylingo has the right to delete, alter and suspend any aspect of the site, including making available any property of the site at any time without notice.
Law and judiciary:
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Sweden. Disputes are settled exclusively in Swedish courts. Any legal claim relating to your use of this site must be initiated within one year of the date of the appearance of the invitation in this regard.
- If one of these conditions or provisions is to be considered illegal, invalid, or cannot be implemented by law in any country where these terms and conditions are in force, that requirement, which is deemed by the courts to be invalid and ineffective, and other conditions remain binding and in force.
- If you can access this site from an area outside of Sweden, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.